<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

This to…lolo When I was younger I had many folks and so for that I consider myself a lucky bloke// no joke I am fortunate for what I had my moms and pops but especially my granddad// Lolo was what I called him he took care of me// ever since the day my mom came home from the maternity// always around for my family even as a young ‘un I knew he cared// with so many memories I picture now he’s always there// for my family it was me he raised// and I think about it know I picked up on so many of his ways// the trips in the summer going downtown// pointing to places from the streetcar so I knew what I was around// And he knew when to share advice// things I think about constantly through my life// Like what he would say about girls and education// “Finish your schooling first” is what he’d always be statin// I’ll remember my Lolo for so many things// but the thing that will always stick is simply the feeling// being back from school it’d always be good see// how Lolo was, so important to me// And honestly I never did imagine life with Lolo not here// I guess I always knew that by my side he’d be near// it was funny sometimes I stop and think// about when we go to the store and Lolo would get a drink// we play around as Lolo sat// me and eric run around as the old men would chat// maybe someday I can be like that// be the reason why my grandson wears an old cubs hat// It’s like so many things I can’t even explain// It’s Lolo will always be there forever in my heart and brain// Like a mark on paper an everlasting ink stain//

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?